Ask Still Life with Coffee and Dog
Episode 32
****
Dear SLwCaD,
How do you encourage children to excel in education?
Puzzled in Ohio
Dear PiO, and the jokes just about write themselves, don’t they?
I believe in honesty with children. I always cited my own example to my children and encouraged them to graduate from at least two fifths of the schools they attend. Likewise, I point out that entering a school on probation is a family tradition that goes back at least two generations on my side.
It all depends on what you hope to achieve. My ex, the children’s father, graduated from 100% of the schools he attended. I have better stories.
As the parent, it’s up to you to make the hard decisions. Good luck to you on that difficult path.
****
Dear SLwCaD,
How do you get baked egg out of an unwashed and unsoaked pan? The pan was left out for two days.
Challenged in Chicago
Dear CiC,
Fill the the egg-encrusted pan with water, dish detergent, a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of white vinegar. Place the pan on the stovetop and heat to simmer, turn off and remove.
With a little elbow grease, the egg debris will scrub right off in about twenty minutes.
****
Dear SLwCaD,
I want to get married ultimately, but I don’t have a signifigant other. My friends offer to fix me up constantly, but they’re frustrated, because I won’t lower my standards. I want my future spouse to be romantic, devoted to me, constantly kind, and constantly interested in what I’m doing.
Am I being unrealistic?
Worried in Sheboygan
Dear WiS,
No, you passed unrealistic by the second sentence. People are moody and inconstant by the nature of their species. The diminished expectations of finding love is part of what makes finding love such a wonderful experience.
Get a spaniel.
****
Dear SLwCaD,
What do you think of hip huggers?
Fashionista in LA
Dear FiLA,
I think they’re creepy little people.
Love Always,
Still Life with Dog and Coffee
Comments
Post a Comment